2nd European Games “Dynamic New Athletics”
Buy ticket on 2nd European Games “Dynamic New Athletics”
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience.
Purchase of tickets for Athletics competitions is suspended due to the possible changes in sports schedule
Thank you for understanding.
Session Competition Schedule:
DNA Mixed Team - Final
Athletics is a collection of sporting events that involve competitive running, jumping, throwing, and walking.
Dynamic New Athletics (DNA) will be launched at the 2019 European Games in Minsk. Here’s a bit more information about what DNA actually is:
- DNA is a two hour, unpredictable, ‘winner takes it all’ team-based competition.
- DNA still takes place inside a stadium, but unlike traditional athletics, DNA will only ever have one event happening at any one time.
- Mixed male and female teams with 8 women and 7 men compete over 9 events
- There are 6 track events, 3 field events
- Simple scoring, making it easy to follow for all, not just the current athletics specialist
- DNA focuses on team tactics and strategy and each team has a dedicated team captain who will be heard by the fans delivering tactics.
- DNA showcases new formats with innovative events, entertainment and a party atmosphere with live music and fun event presentation, head to head competition, a new pursuit race and other unexpected surprises through audience participation and spectator games.
- This event is not only for elite competition but can be used at grassroots level and allows to be adapted in a way where only some or all events are included.
- A maximum of 630 athletes can take part in the Athletics competition from 30 European National Olympic Committees.