2nd European Games “Dynamic New Athletics”
Session Competition Schedule:
12.00 – 22.00
12.00 - 14.00 Dynamic New Athletics Mixed Team Match 1 (Germany, Greece, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Cyprus)
14.20 - 16.20 Dynamic New Athletics Mixed Team Match 2 (France, Italy, Russia, Romania, Estonia, Slovenia)
17.40 - 19.40 Dynamic New Athletics Mixed Team Match 3 (Poland, Czech, Belarus, Ireland, Lithuania, Latvia)
20.00 - 22.00 Dynamic New Athletics Mixed Team Match 4 (Spain, Ukraine, Turkey, Portugal, Bulgaria, Denmark)
Individual awards among athletes will be presented on the results of the first day of competition - June 23. Medal ceremony will be
held on June 24, 2019 at the main Fan Zone at 4 Pobediteley avenue, at 19:00.
Athletics is a collection of sporting events that involve competitive running, jumping, throwing, and walking.
Dynamic New Athletics (DNA) will be launched at the 2019 European Games in Minsk. Here’s a bit more information about what DNA actually is:
- DNA is a two hour, unpredictable, ‘winner takes it all’ team-based competition.
- DNA still takes place inside a stadium, but unlike traditional athletics, DNA will only ever have one event happening at any one time.
- Mixed male and female teams with 8 women and 7 men compete over 9 events
- There are 6 track events, 3 field events
- Simple scoring, making it easy to follow for all, not just the current athletics specialist
- DNA focuses on team tactics and strategy and each team has a dedicated team captain who will be heard by the fans delivering tactics.
- DNA showcases new formats with innovative events, entertainment and a party atmosphere with live music and fun event presentation, head to head competition, a new pursuit race and other unexpected surprises through audience participation and spectator games.
- This event is not only for elite competition but can be used at grassroots level and allows to be adapted in a way where only some or all events are included.
- A maximum of 630 athletes can take part in the Athletics competition from 30 European National Olympic Committees.